How to make your wig last longer?
If you are new to the world of human hair wigs, one of the key things you’ll need to know about this investment is ‘How to take care of your wig and make it last longer’. Whether you have invested in a lace front wig or a premium synthetic wig, it’s imperative that you are fully aware of the care tips and maintenance tactics to continue having a natural look and make them last longer.
Human Hair Wigs vs Synthetic Hair Wigs
Quality of the hair wig and day to day management to make it durable are two key factors to consider. Human hair wigs provide you with a natural look and can be styled and coloured as you please. Although human hair wigs are slightly more expensive in comparison to synthetic, the versatility offsets the cost. As for synthetic hair wigs, you’ll need minimal effort to pop your wig back in. One key advantage of this type of hair wig is that it’s weather friendly and can be worn right out of the box.
Tips to make your wig last longer
- Wash your wig regularly but not frequently. Consider it as washing your own hair, frequent wash can dry out your hair and make it brittle. Similarly, both synthetic and human hair wigs can be damaged upon washing it frequently. It’s advisable to wash after every 7-14 days.
- Always use high-quality products. There are premium quality products that are created for wigs. Using appropriate quality products are key to wig longevity. With the use of regular hair products on your wig, you’ll eventually start noticing greasiness and product build-up due to the harsh usage of chemicals.
- Use the right technique to wash your wigs. One of the experts advised technique to wash your wigs for longevity is to start by removing tangles from tip to the roots. Then, turn your human hair wig inside out before dipping in 35-40 centigrade water. Follow this by adding shampoo for wigs and stir the water gently. Slide your hand over the wig gently and ensure that the shampoo is well rinsed. Next, apply conditioner through the hair and leave it for a few minutes before rinsing off that too. Pat dry the wig with a towel and put the wig on a stand to air dry.
- While installing a lace front wig, ensure you use the correct adhesive. Do an allergic test and before you get started with the installation. Also, remember to remove your lace fronts
- When you are wearing your wig, make sure it is not directly exposed to heat and sunlight. While storing your wig safe, use a stand or a wig box to avoid it from getting damaged.
Human hair wig is an investment and maintaining it for longevity comes with practice and research. These five tips from our hair wig experts are a great starting point to ensure your hair wig lasts longer.